About The Vintage Romance
‘The Vintage Romance’ was started as a vintage themed art project in May 2013 by Isabelle Gloria & Elaine Valerie.
But it has evolved into something more than that. It’s our passion to create art – without limitations – and our images are the visual expression of what’s in our hearts and on our minds.
We truly embrace our own femininity, and with our images we want to create a fusion of our love for glamour, vintage and the extraordinary with the authentic, spiritual essence of ourselves.
We’ve known each other for the greatest parts of our lives, we share a deep bond and came to the conclusion that we have to be soulmates. During the last few years the site has evolved into a personal project to send out our visual and written messages to our readers.
- We’re passionate about the vintage style and old stuff. We love the glamorous vintage looks of the 1920s to -60s, and that’s why many of our photos have a vintage aspect about them: the hair & makeup, the clothes, the accessories, the requisites, the inspiration.
- We love the extraordinary, the invisible, the spiritual and we strive after universal knowledge. This also can be noticed in our images and texts. There’s so much more than only the things that can be seen by the human eye.
- The Gothic scene left a huge imprint on us – mostly during our teenage-years – but even today we feel attached to the scene, the style and the music and let ourselves get inspired by it.
- We’re like a mirror to each other, sharing a deep bond and an almost telepathic connection since our early childhood – and probably even earlier than that.
- We’re restlessly creative and we built up this website until today to delight your everyday life a little bit with each new blog post.
- We do everything concerning our art on our own: the styling, photography, editing, modeling, writing and coming up with the concepts. Each post tells a different story and is put together by us with commitment and love.
- We work hard on this project and we’re devoted to it.
The Background & what we aspire
We started this blog with the intention to create art, to express ourselves and to send out our messages through this whole project. We wanted to inspire others and hoped that we even might light up your day a little, even if it is just for a moment.
During the last few years we grew and evolved a lot as individuals: personally, emotionally and also spiritually.
Modeling and being creative is super fun, but it is just a tiny little part of who we really are. We are two women who realized that spirituality is nothing to believe or not to believe in. It is there anyway – the reason of all existence – and we think a lot of people have an opinion about spirituality that is way too dreamy and esoteric. Besides pretty dresses and elaborate stylings (that we also really love) there is a lot more in our life. We both have been practicing meditation for more that a decade now, we underwent dark times, we had highs and almost unbelievable spiritual experiences. Most of all we became experts in not lying to ourselves anymore and we became obsessed with practicing self love. We want to be more authentic, as this image of pretty vintage dolls isn’t all of us. We want to be ourselves and show that real side to you.
By now, we reach out to several thousands of people on this blog and on our social media accounts with ‘The Vintage Romance’ every day. We think it is wonderful to inspire so many people and we’re very grateful for that.
In November 2015 we relaunched our Website with a completely new design, a new logo and a new concept.
And since summer 2017 we only create images that are totally in line with our deepest selves in that particular moment. We express whatever we want to express.
We love life and we’re in a constant research about universal mysteries. We want to tell you about this fascinating aspect of life.
We want to show you a way to self love and how you, for yourself, can change the world a little, day by day, so we as a species can do it all together.
Our message for you is to explore every aspect of yourself, too: to accept every shadow and every light part of your own being, and to really see your own beauty.
And we want to encourage you to always follow your heart, as it will always lead you right.
Get in touch with us
Contact & inquiries, collaborations:
If you’re looking for media releases and references, please visit our Publications/Media page.
Contact Elaine Valerie:
Contact Isabelle Gloria:
Model Portfolio: http://isabellegloria-modelportfolio.tumblr.com
Instagram: @isabellegloria | @isabellegloriadesign (Jewelry)